I don’t know about you, but my head is constantly spinning with fresh and unique ways to leverage and market my school as many potential families as I can. I know my school has a long list of unique features and benefits, but for a long time I couldn’t figure out how to organize them all to showcase them to leads.
Way back when, we all used to focus on putting together a creative enrollment brochure but now in the digital age where people want information fast, owners need to shift their focus to putting together an awesome enrollment e-packet.
For those of you that don’t know what an enrollment e-packet is, it is essentially the digital enrollment brochure of your dreams. It is longer in length than a brochure so it can contain limitless highlights, unique benefits and testimonials of your school. I could go on and on about the benefits of having an enrollment e-packet but I’ll highlight just a handful of them to help convince you why…
Reasons an e-Packet is an Awesome Marketing Tool:
- They are convenient
- Your e-packet can be interactive and engaging (include links, photos, videos)
- You get information to potential families faster
- You can reach a larger and more diverse audience
- You can save on time and consumables (paper, ink, staples, stamps, etc.)
- You can keep the information you disseminate up-to-date with ease
- Families can always go back to reference the material
- You can track enrollment interest (how many times the link was clicked on, how much time they spent viewing the information, etc.)
- Families can easily share the information with other interested families
Okay, I’m guessing after reading all of those benefits of having an enrollment e-packet you are eager to get started on one and want it available to families asap. Once you have one, how you share information will become much more simplified and efficient.
Remember to ALWAYS collect the email addresses when you get phone inquiries and walk-in tours so you can send over your e-packet just minutes after your interaction. Delivering this information to them quickly will demonstrate that your school is on top of things and that you truly care about getting their questions and concerns answered promptly.
It is also a great idea to have your e-packet available for download on your website, but don’t just let anyone download it – make it only available to those who fill out an opt-in form so you can collect their email address (and a few other pieces of information) so you can follow up with those visitors appropriately.
Here’s How to Create Your Own e-Packet:
Alright, so you’re ready to create your enrollment e-packet and you know how you’re going to use it – but do you know what you should put in it?
You’ll discover that many of the components of your e-packet will be information that is already available on your website with only a handful of additions. You might feel silly repeating information that you already have available on your website, but putting it all together in an e-packet creates a “one-stop shop” for families and allows them to read through it chronologically so you can tell a story and paint them a picture of your school.
In case you need help selecting what to put in your e-packet and how to organize it, here is a quick “must have” guide for every e-packet…
- Cover Page: Start with an attention grabbing photo of children engaged in the classroom. Include your logo and all contact information/ways to get in touch with you such as an address, phone number, email address, hours of operation, website, and social media platforms
- Introduction: You want to answer the initial questions every family has right away so they will keep reading until the end. It doesn’t matter how you construct your introduction page long as it answers the questions “Who are you?” And “Why should we trust you with our child?” Answer these questions by including your mission, values, vision, philosophy and brief history.
- Letters, notes, testimonials, etc: The possibilities are endless for this section. It is your time to be creative and show off your school! And because e-packets can be as long as you want, you can include as much amazing content as you want (within reason though). Make sure it genuinely is engaging content – don’t drag this section out. You can have letters from your owner or the directors, whoever. Highlight staff members, any media coverage you’ve received. Always include a photo of the person with your testimonials.
- Program features and highlights: What program certifications, licenses, and accreditations does your school have? What unique programs are a part of your curriculum? What makes your staff so qualified? Food program? Security features? WHATEVER MAKES YOUR PROGRAM STAND OUT. Try creating a chart ranking your features compared with your competitors.
- Pictures: Pictures of your children engaging in fun actives, classroom examples, and staff should be used throughout the entire e-packet. Make sure you have a signed media release for each child that is featured.
- Frequently Asked Questions: This is your opportunity to include information that you want families to know but may not fall into one of the other components. Create a place where you can answer common questions in a Q & A format.
- Connect with us/invitation: What social media platforms are you on? Use icons to tell them what platforms they can connect with you on.
- LASTLY tuition, rates & fee schedule: Don’t hesitate to be transparent – families read through the entire e-packet to get to the part they’ve been looking for so just tell them the numbers. Let families know this cost is an investment and not an expense – if appropriate and helpful, have a price comparison chart of you versus your competitors